[mythtv-users] Small USB IR Receiver

Max Hodgson max at mjhodgson.com
Tue Jun 15 15:38:50 UTC 2010

On 15 June 2010 16:13,  <greg at nodecam.com> wrote:
>> front-end and another input.   (Are there any TV's smart enough to
>> remember the audio level for each input?  Although I can see that could
>> be annoying too.)
>
> I've got a Sharp Aquos that does this, though it took me a long time to
> notice, since my Myth system's audio is routed through a receiver.

I believe on some Sharp Aquos's have serial ports on the back, which
you can access programmatically. I think someone, maybe on this list
wrote a perl script to do clever things on the TV.

I have an LG and can access the current input number and also send
commands to change the volume level. Not found a use for it yet
however.