[mythtv-users] Help needed for MultiRec

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 15:27:11 UTC 2010

On 15 June 2010 14:07, Another Sillyname <anothersname at googlemail.com> wrote:

> If I've read your thread correctly you're using a Hauppauge 4000?  I
> thought that the Hauppauge 4000 only allowed either DVB-T or DVB-S to
> be used one at a time?  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I was
> under the impression that part of the silicon on the card was shared
> between -T and -S and as a consequence it was either one or other in
> use at any one time.

That is correct.

The tuning delay in switching between the frontends (by which I mean
the DVB frontends, not MythTV frontends) on the card has caused issues
in the past for MythTV users (see
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/8137 for an example report). Whether
the issue lies in MythTV or the driver is beyond my understanding.

Additionally, tuners that cannot be used at the same time need to be
in the same input group to avoid the scheduler scheduling programmes
on mutually exclusive tuners at the same time.

Nick

--
Nick Morrott