[mythtv-users] Remote Secondary Backend

Chris Adams rocket at extremelan.net
Tue Jun 15 05:47:25 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Toby Mills <Toby.Mills at vmsl.co.nz> wrote:
> My Myth setup is spread across two locations.
> I have a primary backend with 4 clients connected to it at my house.
>
> I have a friend with a secondary backend approx 1km away connected via a
> WiFi link. We have a stable 24Mbps link which supports watching TV no
> problems at all. We also use the link for a shared internet connection and
> telephone calls. We both have large video and music collections that we
> share.

If I distill your question a little bit, are you asking if the
frontend can stream storage group content directly from a slave
backend?

Side notes:
1. Re NFS glitchiness - have you tried SMB yet?

2. You could put master backends on both sides of the link, then
choose which backend you want to connect to whenever you start the
frontend, perhaps with 2 different shortcuts.