[mythtv-users] which distro to use for ....

John Nissley jnissley at nissley.org
Sun Jun 13 17:39:42 UTC 2010

on Saturday, June 12, 2010 06:49:27 pm steve reilly wrote:
>/  On 06/12/2010 08:40 PM, Brian Wood wrote:
/>/  >  On Saturday, June 12, 2010 06:28:01 pm steve reilly wrote:
/>/  >>  hi, thanks.  not new to linux, been using since 2000, and myth about the
/>/  >>  last 3 or so years.  last I tried back in .21 days their were problems
/>/  >>  with the IR blaster on the hdpvr, was checking to see if its working now
/>/  >>  "out of the box", and worth dusting the hdpvr off once again and giving
/>/  >>  it a go.  I think ill give the latest mythdora a whirl!..
/>/  >
/>/  >  My hdpvr works with Mythdora, but I don't use the blaster (I have a
/>/  >  MyBlaster), so I can't speak to that.
/>/
/>/  i may go that way this time who knows, rather have the hdpvr work as
/>/  intended first though
/
While I think the MyBlaster is one of the best (and easiest) ways to go, they are no longer available new and are very
hard to find even used.

I think you are best off trying to get the hardware you have to work.

There is nothing worse than the remote control not working if you have no intentions
of using a wireless keyboard.  I tried multiple remote control options and while most
worked they did not always work well.  I finally decided to purchase the windows XP
media center edition remote control + receiver pack.  It can be found for between $30
and $40 and it just works.  It also has two IR transmitters that can be used to send
IR codes to a cable box or satellite box. It is a bit pricey but it just works.