[mythtv-users] mythbuntu 9.10 lirc irblaster serial homebrew hardware.conf

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 12:56:29 UTC 2010

2010/6/13 Björn Lundin <b.f.lundin at gmail.com>:
> Hi!
> I've been trying for a long time now to get my serial blaster to work.
> Stepping down a bit, I now try to get mu serial receiver to work instead,
> since it seems more of a standard case.
>
> So I got so far (after finding that my serial ports were disabled in
> BIOS) that I
> * get a /dev/lirc0 after modprobe of lirc_serial
> * mode2 actually seems to work,
>
> I get pulse foo and space bar when I press the remote.
> So far so good.
>
> I now try to use irrecord, and this is where I get out of luck.
>
> it does not notice my pressing on the remote
>
> I believe that irecord is dependant on lircd running,
> so I think I got the config for lircd wrong.

You _do not_want lircd running when creating a new remote config with
irrecord. Once you have the remote control configured, you can test it
using irw when lircd is running.

Are you releasing the serial port using setserial? (Check your
modprobe settings for lirc_serial)

If you have problems recording your remote using irrecord, you can try
to use irrecord in raw mode. However, if you know what protocol your
remote uses (RC5, RC6, etc), you can copy the protocol header file as
/etc/lircd.conf and irrecord (when not in raw mode) will try to use
that to understand your remote.

Cheers,
Nick

--