[mythtv-users] MythTV Firewire Troubleshooting assistance - SOLVED

Preston Crow pc-mythtv08a at crowcastle.net
Sat Jun 12 21:26:56 UTC 2010

> > I've been attempting to get firewire recording working with my motorola
> > DCX-3200 and so far have had no success.

I have a modified 6200ch for the DCT-3200 that I have, but I found to my
surprise that Myth handles the channel changing over Firewire just fine
without an external channel changer.

What I have found with my Firewire setup is that there are digital
dropouts.  When I was recording the same channels with a HD Homerun
(before Comcast turned on encryption on basic cable), the recordings
were perfect, so it's not a signal problem.  I'm not clear on whether
the problem is with the cable box or on the Linux side.