[mythtv-users] Need help with mce usb remote control

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat Jun 12 05:08:58 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 10:47 PM, Don Brett <dlbrett at zoominternet.net> wrote:
> I have a new installation of Mythdora-12 and just bought a new mce remote
> kit on ebay, but can't get it working on Mythtv.  The receiver shows up on
> the usb system (Philips eHome Infrared Receiver):
>
> [root at nick dev]# lsusb
> Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0471:0815 Philips eHome Infrared Receiver
>
> ....and irw doesn't show anything.  In Mythdora I picked these setting and
> power-cycled the box:
>
> Media Center Remote 2 (lirc_mceusb2)
> lirc_mceusb2 (USB Media Center)
>
> ......It seems to have the driver loaded:
> [root at nick dev]# lsmod | grep lirc
> lirc_mceusb            16740  3
> lirc_dev               12341  1 lirc_mceusb
> [root at nick dev]#
>
> ....and lircd is running:
> [root at nick dev]# ps -A | grep lirc
> 1496 ?        00:00:00 lircd
> [root at nick dev]#
>

> This is the remote:
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/Microsoft-MCE-Media-Center-Remote-Control-Complete-Kit-/360265186040?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53e17a7af8
> ---It's labeled RC6.
>

> I tried it on a Win7 box and it worked fine.  I don't know what to try next.
> any suggestions?

Show your lircd.conf. And ls -l /dev/lirc* output.And dmesg output.
And possibly output when running lirc_mceusb w/the debug option
enabled. And possibly output from running lircd in the foreground
w/verbose output. But over on the lirc list would be the more
appropriate location for this.

/me really should write a 'trouble-shooting lirc' guide or something...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com