[mythtv-users] Control And Recording Options for a Motorola DCX-3200-M

Erik Sejr esejr at wildroseinternet.ca
Sat Jun 12 01:45:05 UTC 2010

Hello,
I've just upgraded to Digital Cable and I've been supplied with a
DCX-3200-M. I was thinking of picking up an Hauppauge USB HD-PVR to do
the recording, but I need a reliable means of control. I know the HD-PVR
comes with an IR-Blaster and I think (assuming it is enabled) this
device can also be controlled via the firewire ports.

Does anyone have experience controlling this STB with either of these
methods? If firewire is enabled can control be performed via the
firewire and recording done via the HD-PVR? Is this the ideal approach?

Thanks,
Erik