[mythtv-users] Consolidation of folders in storage groups

Christopher Kerr mythtv at theseekerr.com
Sat Jun 12 01:32:21 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to have MythTV consolidate folders of the same name in
storage groups?

For example, let's say my Videos Storage Group included:

/media/mythtv/disk1/movies
/media/mythtv/disk2/movies
/media/mythtv/disk1/music
/media/mythtv/disk2/music

and so on. At the moment, that'd result in me seeing 2 movies folders
and 2 music folders. That's not terribly desirable - whilst I can try
to get away with putting movies on disk1 and music on disk2, it'd be
nice to be able to spill over onto a new disk if one fills up.

I don't want to use RAID or LVM for this - in the event of a disk
failure, I'd rather the damage be confined to only the disk that
failed. Striping would muck that up.

Is there something I've missed in MythTV, or do I need to resort to
something like UnionFS or aufs to get this done?

- Chris