[mythtv-users] Judder free playback with mythtv

Neil Salstrom salstrom at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 21:45:25 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 11:14 AM, Andrew Gallatin <gallatin at cs.duke.edu> wrote:
> Tom Gerrard [mythtv at simpletcpip.com] wrote:
>> Just to confirm, should Myth pick the best refresh rate regardless of
>> resolution?
>>

> Tom,
>
> Do you actually observe MythTV switching the resolution?  In my case,
> 0.23 seems to ignore the resolution of the video, and always just switch
> to the closest refresh rate that the default resolution provides.
>
> I fumbled around with the code
> (http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/439524?do=post_view_threaded#439524)
> and the only way I could get mythtv to switch the resolution was to
> hack the code.  It could be my TV is weird, or my DB is bad or
> something..
>
> Drew

I've noticed this on 0.23-fixes as well.  I've got MythtTV switching
refresh rate but it does not switch resolution.

I have a Toshiba 55SV670u (120Hz, 1080p) and it keeps 1080p regardless
of the video resolution.  It does however switch the refresh rate to
match what I'm watching.

I've tried using modelines but that has made no change.  The EDID
seems to report the correct refresh rates that are supported so I
don't bother keeping modelines in my xorg.conf.

Neil