[mythtv-users] AverTV M150-D TVTuner Working, audio issues v4lctl will not change channels correctly

Mitchell Jones mitchj at chem.byu.edu
Wed Jun 9 05:53:08 UTC 2010

Ok so I have my AVERTV M150-D TV Tuner working on my myth box (MythDora 12),
however sound is screwed up, its really deep when people are talking.

I'm following instructions from here:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/AVerMedia_M150-D

It suggests using a script similar to:
Code:

#!/bin/bash
/usr/bin/v4lctl -c /dev/video2 setchannel $1
/usr/bin/v4lctl -c /dev/video2 volume mute off
/usr/bin/v4lctl -c /dev/video2 setfreqtab us-cable
/usr/bin/v4lctl -c /dev/video2 setnorm NTSC-M
sleep 1

(I have tried the same one he uses as well)

And find that it does not change channels or fix the sound, rather the
picture goes stat-icky, and so does the sound.

On this box, I also have a Hauppauge card, when I try to use v4lctl to
change the channels on that card, I get the same result. So I think, its got
to be something wrong with v4lctl, though I'm not sure what to do.

Any help that can be offered in fixing this is deeply appreciated.

-Mitch