[mythtv-users] Prevent Recordings of "Live TV" from Splitting, Etc

tosds9 at gmail.com tosds9 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 03:42:50 UTC 2010

Jake... The FireWire connection DOES allow me to transfer previously
recorded content to my computer (see previous posts). When I engage
Watch TV in MythTV, my cable box switches to the unencrypted channel
which I've designated as default in mythtv-setup. Then, I simply use my
cable box's remote control to navigate to the cable box's DVR and
activate playback of the previously-recorded content. I don't think that
it matters, but my cable box is connected to my television via HDMI
cable.

Watch TV is automatically splitting these recordings on the 00 and 30 of
every hour (like it thinks that I'm recording multiple 30 minute blocks
of live TV). If I can prevent the previously-recorded content from
splitting into multiple files during transfer, MythTV will work
perfectly for my needs! As stated in an earlier post, the OS and hard
drive on my computer are both capable of handling individual files of
enormous size. Furthermore, I don't intend to copy the transferred
content to DVD. Indeed, I'm trying to avoid having to buy a DVD recorder
for my home theater!

Besides MythTV, what other software for Linux is capable of doing what I
want?