[mythtv-users] irtransmitter channel change script will, not work on duplicate digits (33, 44, 55, 22 etc)

Larry mythtv at american-hero.com
Sat Jun 5 00:53:25 UTC 2010

On 6/1/2010 8:00 AM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
> Message: 4
> Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 21:26:03 -0600
> From: richard Woelk <richardwoelk at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] irtransmitter channel change script will
> 	not work on duplicate digits (33, 44, 55, 22 etc)
> To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>
> On 05/31/2010 13:04, Larry wrote:
>
>> > Hello all,
>> >
>> > I finally managed to migrate over to Comcasts DTA and get a mostly
>> > working ir transmitter setup.
>> > After discovering I had disabled the com port in the BIOS of my machine
>> > a quick "enable" and all works...sorta.
>> >
>> > I have a unique problem in that my channel changing script will work for
>> > all channels but those that are duplicate numbers, ie 11,22,33,44...
>> >
>> > I have tried several scripts and if I send the channel multiple times ,
>> > ie irsend 3, irsend 3, irsend 3 it will eventually get to my channel.
>> >
>> > I dont even have a clue on where to begin troubleshooting this.  Anyone
>> > have any ideas or suggestions?
>> >

> I have noticed that my Motorola satellite receivers require more time
> delay between repeated numbers. Try putting a 1 second sleep in your
> channel change script
> a second possibility if you didn't record your own lircd.conf, your
> remote could have a toggle bit. This means the remote has two different
> code sets and alternates between them for each button press. You can
> check if only one codeset is recorded by running irw and seeing if every
> press of the 5 button is recognized. If every 2nd button shows up, try
> running irrecord again. (This would not apply to tuner card based IR
> blasters, as they use a firmware based list)
>
> HTH
>
> - Richard

Just to follow-up on this now that I'm back online I did a quick check
of my script and while I had a pause in it, I had misplaced it in the
script and it wasn't running.

That combined with the Jarods suggestion to add min_repeat appear to
have done the job. So far no missing channel changes.

Thanks Again.