[mythtv-users] Hdhomerun IR with imon VFD questions

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri Jun 4 19:18:38 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Neil Salstrom <salstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Neil Salstrom <salstrom at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
>>> Using the HDHomerun I compile the udp driver in lirc but at the same
>>> time do I need to compile lirc_imon, modprobe the lirc_imon module but
>>> run lirc in udp mode?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>>> I've played around with sever different iterations of this however I
>>> either only get the VFD working with mythtv or the remote working but
>>> not both.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> Nothing off the top of my head. Should simply be a matter of setting
>> the right parameters for lircd to only care about the udp signals from
>> the hdhomerun, regardless of whether or not there's another driver
>> loaded.
>>
>> In a saner future, coming soon to a kernel near you, the imon driver
>> won't be an lirc driver... :)
>>
>> (There's a new non-lirc imon driver that has been merged in the
>> upstream kernel for 2.6.35).
>>

> Thanks for then info Jarod.  That will be great when imon is part of 2.6.35!
>
> Sorry to take this a bit off topic from mythtv (but maybe it will help
> others)...
>
> When compiling lirc how do I pass both the udp and imon drivers to the
> ./configure command?  I've tried ./configure --enable-driver=udp,imon
> but only one gets built.  I've also tried two separate --enable-driver
> with no success.  I then tried --enable-driver=all but had one that
> threw errors during compile.
>
> Suggestions?

I have vague recollections of the 'all' option getting fixed in recent
cvs, don't remember what the exact problem was though. You can just
build in two passes, first do a build w/imon, install lirc_imon.ko,
then do a build w/udp and install everything. At least, I'm reasonably
sure that should work. I rarely do anything but a
--with-driver=userspace build from lirc sources, I maintain the
drivers elsewhere in a git tree (which I also use to patch the lirc
drivers into the Fedora kernels).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com