[mythtv-users] .23 Sound Issues............Please God shoot me now!!

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 13:03:15 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 1:12 AM, Glen Hawksworth
<glenhawk at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> I got a harmony recently...
> http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=205&products_id=13905
> ...improved the WAF a bit but she had already gotten used to using one remote for Myth and one for the AMP. For $39 I figured it couldn't hurt and now I don't know why I didn't do it before. There is something about having a MythTV remote where the audio buttons control the amp that makes me feel complete ;-)

Not that I wouldn't love a harmony remote, but is it really needed if
you have a remote for your amp? I have an Onkyo home theater receiver
with the supplied "universal" remote. All I did was use the default
DVD remote assignment (presumably a Onkyo DVD player) of the remote
and programmed lirc to use it. One thing I like about that is that
almost all of the buttons are assignable but the volume control stays
with the AMP.

Richard