[mythtv-users] .23 Sound Issues............Please God shoot me now!!

Kenneth Emerson kenneth.emerson at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 05:16:48 UTC 2010

I realise I can get it working using the mythtv  Alsa Spdif output and

> use the amplifier remote, it's just not the way I want to go and
> reduces the WAF a lot.
>
> So back to the original question.
>
> Did people have to tweak anything to get alsa default or pulseaudio
> default working?
>

> Not to be flip or anything, but a Logitech Harmony remote would solve your
problems. Unfortunately, they don't come cheap, but they are very
programmable for multiple devices including Myth.  Many of the MythTV users
on this list have used them. (and I believe the WAF is OK with them; others
may comment).

-- Ken E.