[mythtv-users] DirecTV lineups/channels changed - Solved

Kevin Wambsganz wambs at verizon.net
Tue Jun 1 22:45:41 UTC 2010

Thanks John for the quick reply

I ended up deleting my lineup in schedules direct. I also rerun
mythtv-setup, and under video sources, I reselected my schedules direct
lineup and all seems to work well, almost.

I did a mythfildatabase on both my sources, broadcast and DirecTV. Well,
schedules direct changed the name of my broadcast stations. So, I had to
update my scheduling/programming rules for us. What a pain.

You would think there would be a better way to push channel changes to the
backend. Instead of this messy process.

Many times, I don't know of the channel change until it fails to record. I
either get a wrong channel or the channel doesn't change, and stays on the
previous channel. First I have to figure out if the STB has lost a channel,
or some other problem.

This is really a pain. This makes the UAF (User Acceptance Factor) much
lower.

I think it would be nice to make it an option to push channel changes to the
backend from schedules direct. Or does that currently exist somewhere.

Thanks,
Kevin Wambsganz