[mythtv-users] No EPG data on DVB-T

Sean mythtv at bigswifty.co.uk
Tue Jun 1 12:25:50 UTC 2010

Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Thank you very much for your reply, this a good new to know that it
> works for you (so it will work for me). I am on Spain.

No problem,

> Which kernel do you use? Which version of the firmware do you use?

Kernel = 2.6.31-21-generic  (installed via mythbuntu 9.04 but subsequently updated)

Of the 4 available versions of the firmware i used the 'latest' 4.95.0 version
(from same location you list below)

> I have Debian Squeeze with 2.6.32-3-686 kernel and I download the
> firmware from this site:
> http://www.otit.fi/~crope/v4l-dvb/af9015/af9015_firmware_cutter/firmware_files/4.95.0/dvb-usb-af9015.fw

I recall that i needed to re-apply the firmware after an update upgraded the
kernel version making it unable to find the firmware in its previous location.

> When I get home I will try the passive scanning, first I will reset
> the video sources.
> Thank you very much and best regards.

Leaving 'active EIT scanning' enabled (which i think is the default) initially
appeared fine, both tuners were working but neither would remain stable for any
length of time, giving a 'No Lock' response and forcing a cold reboot of the
backend box to restore them. Having disabled the 'active scanning' about a week
or 10 days ago they now seem fine.

Hope this helps,

	-Sean