[mythtv-users] irtransmitter channel change script will not work on duplicate digits (33, 44, 55, 22 etc)

richard Woelk richardwoelk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 03:26:03 UTC 2010

On 05/31/2010 13:04, Larry wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I finally managed to migrate over to Comcasts DTA and get a mostly
> working ir transmitter setup.
> After discovering I had disabled the com port in the BIOS of my machine
> a quick "enable" and all works...sorta.
>
> I have a unique problem in that my channel changing script will work for
> all channels but those that are duplicate numbers, ie 11,22,33,44...
>
> I have tried several scripts and if I send the channel multiple times ,
> ie irsend 3, irsend 3, irsend 3 it will eventually get to my channel.
>
> I dont even have a clue on where to begin troubleshooting this.  Anyone
> have any ideas or suggestions?

I have noticed that my Motorola satellite receivers require more time
delay between repeated numbers. Try putting a 1 second sleep in your
channel change script
a second possibility if you didn't record your own lircd.conf, your
remote could have a toggle bit. This means the remote has two different
code sets and alternates between them for each button press. You can
check if only one codeset is recorded by running irw and seeing if every
press of the 5 button is recognized. If every 2nd button shows up, try
running irrecord again. (This would not apply to tuner card based IR
blasters, as they use a firmware based list)

HTH

- Richard