[mythtv-users] trouble updating mythvideo metadata fields?

Jack Perveiler perveilerj at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 02:36:20 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm having an odd time getting jamu (or mythvideo, for that matter) to
update mythvideo metadata fields.

I have a storage group directory with one video in it right now (well one
file and one folder I told jamu to ignore): X-Men (2000).m4v

Running jamu.py like so:

$ /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts/jamu.py -l en -C
"/home/mythtv/.mythtv/jamu.conf" -MRV
2010-05-31 22:21:16.272 Python Database Connection: Using connection
settings from /home/foo/.mythtv/config.xml

Listed below are the types and base directories Jamu will use for
processing.
The list reflects your current configuration for the 'cerebro' back end
and whether a directory is a 'SG' (storage group) or not.
Note: All directories are from settings in the MythDB specific to hostname
(cerebro).
Note: Screenshot directories are not listed as Jamu does not process
Screenshots.
Type: Fan art     - SG-YES - Directory: (/myth/fanart)
Type: Video       - SG-YES - Directory: (/myth/video)
Type: Cover art   - SG-YES - Directory: (/myth/coverart)
Type: Banners     - SG-YES - Directory: (/myth/banners)
If a directory you set from a separate Front end is not displayed it means
that the directory is not accessible from this backend OR
you must add the missing directories using the Front end on this Back end.
Front end settings are host machine specific.

! Warning: Skipping non-video file name:
(/myth/video/.movie_covers/Thumbs.db)

! Warning: Skipping non-video file name: (/myth/video/Thumbs.db)

! Warning: Skipping non-video file name: (/myth/video/codecs.conf)

! Warning: Skipping non-video file name: (/myth/video/xine-out.wav)
Mythtv video database maintenance start: 2010-05-31 22:21

Now processing video file (X-Men)(0)(0)
themoviedb.org Search Results:
 1 -> X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)                       #
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/36668
 2 -> X-Men: Pryde of the X-Men (1989)                   #
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/37713
 3 -> Ten Dead Men (2008)                                #
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/16259
 4 -> X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)                    #
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/2080
 5 -> X-Men (2000)                                       #
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/36657
 6 -> X2 (2003)                                          #
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/36658
 7 -> 99999999 # Set this video to be ignored by Jamu with a reference
number of '99999999'
Direct search of themoviedb.org # http://themoviedb.org/
Enter choice:
("Enter" key equals first selection (1)) or input a zero padded 5 digit
movie TMDB id number, ? for help):
5

Reference number (36657) added for (X-Men)

Mythtv video database maintenance ends at  : 2010-05-31 22:21

------------------Statistics---------------
Number of video files processed .....(    1)
Number of Fanart graphics downloaded (    0)
Number of Poster graphics downloaded (    0)
Number of Banner graphics downloaded (    0)
Number of 2nd source graphics downld (    0)
Number of metadata downloads.........(    0)
Number of 2nd source metadata found .(    0)
Number of symbolic links created.....(    0)
Number of Myth database updates......(    1)
Number of undersized posters ........(    0)
Number of Movies using IMDB numbers .(    0)

--------------Updated Video Files----------
X-Men

So far so good, right?

But if I run the same command again I get the same prompting for X-Men
again.  Thinking this was odd, I checked the database after the run:

mysql> select title,inetref from videometadata where title like "X-Men";
+-------+----------+
| title | inetref  |
+-------+----------+
| X-Men | 00000000 |
+-------+----------+

Wierd, the setting didn't take.

So I go into mythfronend and try to manually force the inetref to 99999999
so that jamu will ignore it, and oddly enough that doesn't stick either.  It
behaves similarly with "12345" as the inetref.

If I have mythfrontend get the metadata (metadata options->download
metadata, select correct entry from menu), then I get fanart etc and this in
the database:

mysql> select title,inetref from videometadata where title like "X-Men";
+-------+---------+
| title | inetref |
+-------+---------+
| X-Men | 36657   |
+-------+---------+

So that works fine.  If I reset the metadata through the frontend, then
manually enter 36657 through the frontend I get fanart etc and the correct
inetref in the database.

So my questions are:
1) I'm not crazy, jamu should be able to update the inetref right?
2) The wiki says to enter (eight) 9's for the ref number to make jamu ignore
it.  Is that no longer a legal thing to do?

It feels like mythfrontend won't put the inetref into the database unless
the grabber comes back with a hit, so maybe this is expected nowadays.  I
don't know why jamu can't insert refs though.

Obligatory version info:

MythTV Version   : 24710
MythTV Branch    : branches/release-0-23-fixes
Network Protocol : 56
Library API      : 0.23.20100429-1
QT Version       : 4.5.2
Options compiled in:
 linux debug using_oss using_alsa using_pulse using_jack using_pulseoutput
using_backend using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend
using_glx_proc_addr_arb using_hdhomerun using_hdpvr using_iptv using_ivtv
using_joystick_menu using_libudev using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_opengl_vsync using_qtdbus using_qtwebkit using_v4l using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmc_vld using_xvmcw
using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_vdpau
using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live using_mheg

(pulled from the avenard karmic release repository)

Thanks in advance,

--Jack