[mythtv-users] Trunk problems with SPDIF 5.1 / iecset data still audio

Lee Koloszyc pantslessape at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 19:49:53 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Lee Koloszyc <pantslessape at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been working the last two days on trying to fix a problem with
> not getting 5.1 through SPDIF with trunk 25510M and AD1988
> (snd_hda_intel) sound card, kernel 2.6.34r2
> I think I have found the problem but I have not been able to figure
> out a solution.

Seems I needed to read the wiki a little better:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_Digital_Sound
The appropriately titled "How do I get 5.1 AC3 audio to work again? "
was the key.
I guess I missed the part about running "iecset audio off" before
doing "iecset -x" to find the AES configuration string.  All is well
now..

Lee