[mythtv-users] HD-PVR Blaster on gentoo kernel 2.6.34

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat Jul 31 15:49:51 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 12:55 AM, freedenizen <freedenizen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
>> Where did the sources you're trying to compile come from? First guess
>> would be that you're using old sources that were valid for your 2.6.30
>> kernel but aren't for 2.6.34. That's about a year's worth of kernel
>> changes there. Current lirc_zilog.c has no kfifo_put in it, for one,
>> as the kernel kfifo interface changed significantly in either 2.6.32
>> or 2.6.33.
>
> From: http://www.themainlan.com/mythtv/hdpvr-blaster-drivers.tar.gz
> so I guess from FC12 which worked fine with the older kernel, so I
> either need to try and find patched hdpvr and lirc drivers that work
> with 2.6.34 or find the patches and modified my own?

Yeah, the Fedora 12 patches are too old for 2.6.34. The latest bits
are patched into the Fedora 14 kernel tree. Not sure if the F13 bits
would work or not (2.6.33.x atm), but the F14 bits are definitely
unchanged since 2.6.34.

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=kernel.git

(As an aside: hell yeah, we finally dumped cvs for the fedora
packaging scm, make the cut-over to git this past week)

Look at branch f14/master, get hdpvr-ir-enable.patch (patches hdpvr.ko
to enable the IR part) and you can extract lirc_zilog.c from either
lirc-staging-2.6.36.patch, or get it from my lirc git tree, over here:

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jarod/linux-2.6-lirc.git;a=tree;f=drivers/staging/lirc;hb=HEAD

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com