[mythtv-users] TechniSat CableStar not working with recents2-liplianin

Michael Marré m.marre at web.de
Sat Jul 31 06:17:11 UTC 2010

Am 28.07.2010 01:06, schrieb Sven Bretfeld:

> Does anybody have a workaround or do I have to abandon the comforts of
> DVB-C?

Hi Sven,

try this way:

o In the s2-lilianin source directory type 'make rminstall'

o Reinstall the kernel header package since rminstall removes a file
which is needed later

o configure the vdr repository

	sudo add-apt-repository ppa:yavdr/testing-vdr
	sudo add-apt-repository ppa:henningpingel/xbmc
	sudo aptitude update

o install the s2-liplianin-dkms package

	sudo apt-get install s2-liplianin-dkms

That worked for me under Ubuntu 10.04. Unfortunately Ubuntu 10.04 seems
to be unuseable for me since I have there some unexpected jumps forward
/ backwards when viewing videos. So I am building up now a mthtv under
fedora 13.

Regards
Michael