[mythtv-users] problems with armv5tel and hdpvr

Tyler T tylernt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 02:28:54 UTC 2010

> I am not sure if this is the right list or not, but I have, for fun,
> installed a mythbackend on a Seagte Dockstar runn ing archlinux 2.6.34.1.
>  When I try to record from my hd-pvr I get this.

/thread drift
Dang, you beat me to it! I'm compiling 0.23.1 on my Arch 2.6.33
DockStar right now. Did you compile on the Dockstar itself? I'm using
distcc on the 'Star and letting my SheevaPlug do the grunt work
because the 'Star keeps running out of RAM.

>  I can record and playback on a remote frontend shows recorded
> on the hdhomerun.

Sweet, I'm very glad to hear the HDHR works!

> Not even sure how to debug this one.  Any pointers/help would be
> appreciated.

Where are you sending your recordings, to a USB hard drive? I see your
kernel crashed with: "last sysfs file:
/sys/devices/platform/orion-ehci.0/usb1/1-1/1-1.3/1-1.3:1.0/ttyUSB0/tty/ttyUSB0/uevent"
and "usb 1-1.2: USB disconnect, address 4" which makes me wonder if
there is too much contention for the USB bus when recording from USB
to USB. Maybe try recording to a Samba/NFS share that lives elsewhere
on the network just to see if that clears up the issue?