[mythtv-users] Pace RNG110 w/ Firewire

Justin Johnson justin.johnson3 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 21:11:01 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Jamin W. Collins
<jcollins at asgardsrealm.net> wrote:
> Has anyone had success using firewire with a Pace RNG110?  I've searched the
> lists and seen a few posts[1] regarding it, but nothing really indicating
> success.
>
> So far, I can reliably (from the little testing I've done) change channels
> using the 6200ch binary.  Like the referenced post, I can get mythprime to
> succeed if I specify channel changer 1 or 2.
>
> However, even when mythprime succeeds, both firewire_tester and test-mpeg2
> fail.
>
> I've tried two different systems, with two different firewire interfaces,
> and two different firewire cables (one 6 pin, one 4 to 6 pin).
>
> [1] - http://www.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2010-March/284056.html

See my post here:
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/442728#442728
I never had it work successfully or reliably with firewire_tester et al.
Also check the wiki, as there's a couple posts about the RNG110:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Firewire_Cable_Box_Compatibility
--Justin Johnson