[mythtv-users] S-video/nvidia problems

Jessica Perry Hekman jphekman at arborius.net
Fri Jul 30 11:17:15 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 07:57:55PM -0700, Clay wrote:

> When you have both TV and LCD connected, do you see images on both
> prior to the login screen?
> You should see stuff on both during POST until the nvidia driver kicks in.

I do not. The only time I ever see anything on the TV is when the
monitor is not plugged in at boot time. -- Do you still think it is
worth trying to boost the memory?

I guess boosting the memory isn't too hard; I'll give it a shot later
today (right now is not a good time to reboot... Sucks that I am testing
all this on the machine that is my main workstation.)

Thanks to everyone for all the advice about a second graphics card,
especially details on how to research it. I will try a few more things
with my current setup and then start looking into that.

Actually, I am curious: do many of you run Myth on your main
workstations, or do you mostly find that a separate setup makes sense?
In other words, am I likely to invest time & money in a new graphics
card, only to find that I am annoyed at running Myth on my main
machine? It is not a particularly powerful machine (AMD Athlon 64 X2
Dual-Core Processor, 2GHz, 512KB + 512KB L2 Cache, 1024 MB memory).

Jessica