[mythtv-users] mythtv-database package in debian stable

Federico Ferri federico.ferri at yahoo.it
Fri Jul 30 09:39:07 UTC 2010

I'm italian, i'm lucky.... i can understand.. :-)

The new package was correctly installed, but the configuration fails,

I use trunk compiling mythtv, i haven't ever see this error, but i think it means you have wrong root password in some mythtv config files (maybe some ~/mythtv/config.xml or /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt)

try to reconfigure the package with
dpkg-reconfigure mythtv-database

it should ask the root password.

but if it works now without any kind of problems you could consider to do nothing, maybe the database has been upgraded by mythbackend itself...
I don't know what else the mythtv-database package should do...

Ciao,
Federico

: >