[mythtv-users] Permission problem on /dev/video 0-3

mythtv.t.wuuza at xoxy.net mythtv.t.wuuza at xoxy.net
Thu Jul 29 18:01:57 UTC 2010

> Is there a way to do this in rc.local, i have a loop on my laptop to
wait
> until iwconfig has an ip address and then mount -a, because samba was
not
> mounting my shares correctly because the wireless took so long to get an
ip
> address. So would love a way to wait for mythbackend to start, or
restart
> mythbackend once mythfrontend is running.

I don't know.  I'm not all that familiar with this stuff, especially since
things have been changing recently (like upstart).  If he's got a default
Mythbuntu install then mythtv-backend is an upstart job.  You could write
another upstart job that does the checking loop, and then modify the
mythtv-backend job to depend on that one (ie add it to "start on" stanza).
 Writing the upstart job is easy - I have one in there that calls the same
firewire primer script as my sleep/resume script does.  In Kubuntu 8.04
there was an issue where the backend started before networking was fully
loaded and it never found my HDHomeRun.  For that I just took the easy
route and put a "sleep 10" in the backend init script, so that would be
another easy option.

John