[mythtv-users] Unexpected jumps forward / backward while playing videos / movies

Michael Marre m.marre at web.de
Thu Jul 29 11:21:37 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I need help to analyse the following phenomenon:

Under Mythbuntu 10.04 I have the problem that during viewing a video it sometimes do a unexpected fastforward (FFW) or a fast rewind (FRW).
Since the remote is currently not configured I do not believe that this has something to do with the remote itself.

I would start with investigation of the logfiles, but as far as I know remote key presses are not logged. How can I track this issue down?

I strongly believe that this issue has something to do with the combination of Mythbuntu 10.04, Technisat CableStar HD2 and the S2-Liplianin modules (DKMS from VDR project) since under
Fedora 13 (kernel 2.6.33) the problem does not occours (but there I have issues with the Remote itself since the mantis modules does not support IR there).

Any helpful hints to track this issue down would really being appreciated. I won't open a bug at this time since I have not enough facts, only sympthoms.

Regards,
Michael