[mythtv-users] mythweb and mythfrontend preview images missing

Peter Abplanalp pta-myth at psaconsultants.com
Tue Jul 27 23:12:46 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 2:50 PM, Tyler T <tylernt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> the research i've done leads me to believe that this is an
>> architecture issue.  meaning that the code is compiled for a
>> particular cpu architecture that includes low level instructions that
>> aren't supported by the cpu on which the code will run.  however, i'm
>> still seeing the illegal instruction errors upon preview generation
>> even after i compiled mythtv on the box in question.
>
> The ./configure script's autodetect is not foolproof; you may want to
> specify the CPU and/or ARCH manually. You may also need to disable CPU
> extensions like MMX, etc.
>
> What kind of CPU do you have?

hey, thanks for the help.  cpu is an old one, info:

cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor	: 0
vendor_id	: GenuineIntel
cpu family	: 6
model		: 5
model name	: Pentium II (Deschutes)
stepping	: 2
cpu MHz		: 451.110
cache size	: 512 KB
fdiv_bug	: no
hlt_bug		: no
f00f_bug	: no
coma_bug	: no
fpu		: yes
fpu_exception	: yes
cpuid level	: 2
wp		: yes
flags		: fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 mtrr pge mca cmov pse36 mmx fxsr up
bogomips	: 902.22
clflush size	: 32
power management:

so i used the debian 'apt-get -b source mythtv-backend' to build the
debs for me and installed them.  i'm not sure how to specify things to
configure when doing that.  i can try to run configure manually but
i'm afraid if i run apt-get again, it'll do a make clean or some such.
 can someone tell me what i would need to specify and how to do that
with ubuntu/debian when creating debs?

thanks again,

-peter