[mythtv-users] Opinions on Solid State Drives for Myth ???

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 18:04:04 UTC 2010

I use a  SATA to Compact flash adapter with a high-speed compact flash
card of 16gb, the whole thing cost me £60 about half the amount
required for a SSD and an SSD has far too much space than I need. 16gb
is plenty for a FE running ubuntu.

its silent & fast (faster boot times than a fairly new 3.5" 500gb
7200rpm hard disc).

just remember to mount it with on access time update turned off
(noatime) which gives you a nice little boost. This stops unnessacery
wear of the CF, which isnt as clever as SSDs with regard to wear rate.