[mythtv-users] livetv and rewind

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Jul 27 17:09:48 UTC 2010

  On 07/27/2010 09:40 AM, Phil Wild wrote:
> On 27 July 2010 15:45, Bill Williamson wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 5:43 PM, Phil Wild wrote:
>>> My wife complained to me last night that rewinding in livetv is broken
>>> so I had a look and sure enough, it no longer functions the way it
>>> used to. Previously on our system, you could rewind livetv back past
>>> the current show and watch previous shows but now, you can only rewind
>>> to the beginning of the current show (or to the point where the
>>> programme guide says the show has changed).
>>>
>>> I am running a version of trunk that is a couple of months old...
>> Mythtv now stores all livetv you watch in the same way it stores other
>> recordings, albiet with a REALLY short expiration period (1 day by
>> default?  I moved mine to 1 week) and with the option to put it in its
>> own recording group.
>>
>> Simply go to your recordings list and choose the "all recordings" (not
>> default) group and your previously watched livetv shows will be there.
> Thanks. I know I can find them there. The issue was around being able
> to rewind into a previous show within mythtv. It used to work and now
> no longer does. Is this a change in functionality or a change in
> setting that I can adjust?
>
> My wife came across the issue when she wanted to rewind part of a live
> show to hear something that was said (it was right near the end of the
> show) but could not because mythtv had decided (based on the guide)
> that 10 seconds ago was a previous recording.

Does skip or jump back (from appropriately close to the program change)
seek to the previous recording put you in the previous recording?  I
/think/ it was decided that rewind shouldn't go beyond the current
program and that users wanting to go back to the previous should skip or
jump back.  I may be mis-remembering, though.

Mike