[mythtv-users] MythMusic interface

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 23:33:00 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 4:23 PM, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> Squeeze certainly sounds like a good option except for that fact that
> you can't control it from a remote control. One of the many beauties
> of MythTV is that you can contorl the whole thing with a remote. It's
> a shame to have to start digging out a keyboard to manage music.

Well, one could easily make the argument that to use MythMusic
properly, you need a keyboard.  I know you can use the remote and the
pop-up keyboard, but that is not a very easy solution and takes quite
some time to enter song names and I still manage to screw things up
when I try to use it (and I never could figure out how to use the
regular keys for entering text, either on MythMusic or any other
components of Myth).

But I think SquuezePlay, the frontend GUI for squeeze, allows for lirc
control (at least I know one of the programs I downloaded came with an
.lircrc file).  So I do believe it is possible to use a remote.  My
main point is that it is very difficult to use a remote when you are
trying to play a particular song, album, or artist and you have many
thousand titles of music.