[mythtv-users] upnp problems using 0.23 backend on Ubuntu 10.04

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 17:38:12 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 6:49 AM, Tree <junk at chassit.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 24 Jul 2010, Marcel Tromp wrote:
>
>  I recently upgraded to Ubuntu 10.04 in order to run 0.23 mythtv backend.
>>
>> After upgrade, upnp functionality when streaming to PS3 (latest firmware)
>> has issues.
>>
>> First of all, HD shows seem to stop streaming after ~40min (also mentioned
>> in "* viewing problems with long shows on PS3*"). In addition, when
>> browsing
>> recordings by date, mythtvbackend process goes to 100% on server and the
>> PS3
>> no longer shows list of recordings.
>>
>> Any idea what might be going on?
>>

> You aren't imagining things. I have the same problem.
>
> The time to failure seems to vary by the size of the recording. Larger
> recording files fail earlier in the recording (like 13 minutes in). I
> suspect that there is a file size boundary like 1, 2 or 4 GB around that
> time. I have better luck with smaller recordings.

Funny.  I haven't seen any tickets on the matter in trac yet.  If you have
found a bug, please note it so we can attempt to hunt it down.

Also, I requested last week details on UPnP clients in use.  I got one very
incomplete reply and that is all.  Seems nobody cares enough to bother to
help get this working well.