[mythtv-users] problem with Greek characters in storage group paths

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 24 22:53:37 UTC 2010

Another update:

Viewing the lists, I read my post and realized that to properly read what I was explaining and what I was typing you must have the page encoding to utf8 (mine was accidentally at iso-8859-1 and the Greek word was exactly what mythtv was translating it to. So, I came to the conclusion that mythtv is not talking to mysql in utf8 but in iso-8859-1 or latin1 or something equivalent.

Googling, I tried to ask mysql to always use utf8. I came across this post http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?103,281733,282260 and I added what the poster mentioned but it didn't help.

I wanted to see what was the behaviour of the debian system, so I truncated the videometadata and asked it to check for changes. It located all the old files without problem. AND, it also exhibits the conversion to latin1, which strangely it doesn't affect its search routine.

Yianni.