[mythtv-users] hd-pvr problem recording audio after firmware update

Alan Young ayoung at teleport.com
Wed Jul 21 23:10:35 UTC 2010

JWA wrote:
>  Stream #0 pid(0x1011) type(video-h264  0x1b)
>   Registration Descriptor: 'HDMV' Blu-Ray A/V for read-only media (H.264 TS)
>  Stream #1 pid(0x1100) type(audio-aac  0xf)
I've seen this for a while. I have not figured out what's causing it.
If the HDPVR recording gets identified as AAC audio, it either does not
record right or it is play back right.  I haven't figured out which.  If
the recording shows AC3, it plays back ok.  In my case, I'm not using
the current firmware.  It's from May 2009.  I'm not having to reboot to
correct it.  If I stop the recording and then restart it right away, it
gets identified as AC3 and then it records correctly.

Alan