[mythtv-users] SPDIF surround broken in trunk [SOLVED for real]

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Sat Jul 17 16:59:33 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-07-18 at 01:34 +1000, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> What's the resolution of your screen?

Thank you for asking that question, as it has led to the solution. I
have been doing setup work in non-fullscreen mode, which is why I
couldn't see the checkboxes. Actually going down to where the main TV is
located and doing the setup there allowed me to see the checkboxes and
get surround working again. It does beg the question of how the
checkboxes got unchecked in the first place when I couldn't see them to
do that; the old checkboxes had to have been checked or I never would
have had surround working at all. But the problem appeared to be due to
a fairly minor change (in the way the setup screen was displayed) and a
non-standard way of doing things on my part.

Lesson learned: all setup work has to be done in fullscreen mode. Thank
you very much for your assistance.

I actually don't see any checkbox for AC3; all I see is Dolby Digital
and DTS. But I checked those and surround is now working via S/PDIF.

--Greg