[mythtv-users] Failed recording - no automatic record of rerun

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sat Jul 17 16:29:36 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 17, 2010 at 09:34:57AM +0200, Thomas B?rkel wrote:
> On 17.07.2010 00:34, David Engel wrote:
>
> > One problem is the failed recording is being marked as complete.
> > That's why the later showing doesn't get rescheduled.  I'll have to
> > look into why that is happening.
>
> Hm, but the status on the old recordings page is "f".
>
> > If you delete the failed recording, what recording status does the
> > later showing have?  It should change to scheduled.
>
> Yes, it does. But I don't understand that either. MythTV thinks it was
> recorded earlier. If I delete the 1st recording, then why record the
> rerun? Is this normal behavior or does it react to the failed recording now?

You're mistaken.  Myth doesn't think the program was recorded earlier.
What it incorrectly thinks is that it already has a good copy of the
recording.  That's why the status of the upcoming rebroadcast was 'R'
instead of 'P'.  There's an arcane setting in the recording rules that
tells Myth to look for duplicates in the list of current recordings,
the list of previous recordings or both.  The default is to check in
both.  In your case, the previous recordings check is failing as it
should.  The current recordings check, however, is passing because of
the failed recording and it shouldn't do that.

David
--
David Engel
david at istwok.net