[mythtv-users] Equipment needed for DishTv to Myth

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 15:40:30 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 8:18 AM, Jim Morton <Jim at morton.hrcoxmail.com> wrote:
> How much load will that add to a frontend? The current plan is to use an
> Acer Revo w Atom processor but I never considered that it would need to run
> a slave backend. I'd like the recordings to go directly to the master
> backend (via NFS I suppose) because that's where the multi TB storage is.

Negligible.  I used to do exactly this with a single-core ION and
there were no problems at all.

Note that if you record to NFS and want Live TV on that tuner to work,
you may have to tweak your NFS options.  (Mike Dean will probably
follow up with an exact link to this information, but I don't have it
handy. :) )

Jim