[mythtv-users] Hardware recomendation

German Pulido gapf2010 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 03:26:06 UTC 2010

Hi!

I am trying to assemble a good MythTV box (will probably use mythdora or
mythbuntu). However, I am having issues finding the right hardware for
this task. My requirements would be:

1. Small form factor (something like a mac mini or even a dell zino, but
not bigger)
2. Because of 1, I think the TV tuner must be USB.
3. Ability to watch analog TV (my country uses NTSC standard)
4. Ability to watch digital TV (my country chose DVB-T as standard for
digital TV, but it's not widespread yet, most channels are analog).
5. IR remote control (supported by lirc). For this I guess any el-cheapo
USB remote control would do, right?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

German.