[mythtv-users] MythTV Themes - Looking great!

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Jul 14 23:57:48 UTC 2010

* On Wed Jul 14, 2010 at 03:52:16PM -0700, Alan Murrell wrote:
> On 14/07/2010 6:49 AM, Chris Pinkham wrote:
> >need to be running as root. The new theme is installed under
> >the normal .mythtv/themes subdirectory so the frontend user
> >only has to have permission to write to its own directory.
>
> Is this the case now?  If I download a new theme and install it under
> ".mythtv/themes", does it get picked up by the front end?  Up to now, I
> have just simply been downloading a theme, un-archiving it, then moving
> it to "/usr/share/mythtv/themes", but having it under ".mythtv/themes"
> of the user MythFrontend runs as would be much better :-)

The theming engine will use it in current 0.23 and trunk, but I just
looked at the code in the settings page, and it looks like that
does not search the .mythtv/themes subdirectory for themes.  So,
it would work if you ran mythfrontend with the name of the theme
on the command line, but not if you tried to select that theme in
the settings interface.

mythfrontend -O Theme=myNewFavoriteThemeName

I just added the 2 lines of code that it takes to do this to the new
theme chooser and the 5-10 it took for 0.23-fixes to do the same.  I'll
get it committed to the -fixes branch sometime soon.

--
Chris