[mythtv-users] MythTV Themes - Looking great!

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Wed Jul 14 15:19:47 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 9:26 AM, Robert Siebert <trebor_s at web.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:48:17 -0400, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com>
> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 7:14 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard
>> <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi

>>> The default ubuntu myththemes install all available themes.
>>> So I don't really understand the problem here
>>
>> Hm. In the Fedora RPM Fusion packages, there's a split between the
>> "base" themes (those that are included in svn under mythtv/themes/)
>> and additional themes (those that are included in svn under
>> myththemes/), but it appears blue-abstract is not in either of those
>> locations, and thus not currently made available to users via the RPM
>> Fusion packages. Wasn't an intentional omission, I just never noticed,
>> and nobody has brought it to my attention. So Robert does have a point
>> here, for at least one subset of mythtv users. I'll go ahead and add
>> it to the mix when I can though.
>
> Hi Jarod,
>
> thank you, you got my point. Are you the maintainer of the Fedora RPM
> Fusion packages?

Guilty as charged.

> How do you get informed of a newer theme version?

At the moment, I basically don't.

> Do you look
> periodically at the homepage where the themes that are not in svn are
> located? Example: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Blue_Abstract_Theme

To date, the only way I notice that a theme has been updated is if the
myththemes/ subdir has any updates in it when I generate new patches
for the RPM Fusion packages off of the current release's -fixes svn
branch. I do have a wiki account though, so I think I can set a watch
on that page, which would trigger mail to me when it was updated and
serve as my notification. Anything that requires me to remember to do
something manual is going to completely and utterly fail. (Yep, I'm
now set up to get mail when the theme page is updated).

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com