[mythtv-users] How to best deal with Comcast's "Improved" Lineup?

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 02:22:35 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:
> It sounds to me like you've been getting more channels than you were
> supposed to and that isn't happening anymore.

Yep.  Well, I *ordered* basic, but if the installer couldn't find and
couldn't bother to go get the filter traps to block the extra
channels, who am I, the "dumb consumer" to argue with what channels my
TV can see?

While we're talking about the STBs and DTAs, I don't recall anyone
mentioning in the past which do/don't have firewire (and whether the
firewire works).  I see from your comment and Scott's that at least
the STB does and it works (at least sorta).  What about the DTAs?

Am I best off getting a multiple blaster device like a CommandIR
(sadly currently not available according to their website) or
IguanaIR?  Didn't find much about them on the MythTV Wiki in terms of
good/bad  best/better info, so I'm hoping these two are equivalent in
performance and dependability.  Are there others to consider, given
that I'm looking to support a >=3 blaster requirement?

Craig.