[mythtv-users] World of pain migrating to "Storage Groups"

Kingsley Turner krt at krt.com.au
Mon Jul 12 22:46:13 UTC 2010

On 12/07/10 11:52, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> There's a good explanation of Storage Groups in MythVideo in the wiki
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythvideo#Storage_Groups
>
> The simple answer is, blank out the path in the frontend configuration
> and MythVideo will only use the Storage Group folder defined on the
> backend (and thus simplifying the frontend configuration in the long run)

Ok, I did this ... and now I can see everything correctly in MythWeb,
and in in the Myth Front end ... but I can't play anything in the front
end!  It lists fine, finding the files and directories, etc.  But
pressing [Play] just flashes black and comes back to the same screen
(like when you have a broken video file).  Nothing is written to the
mythfrontend.log ???

it's a bit confusing.  I do have mplayer configured as an external
player, and before making the change you suggested, static video played
fine.

cheers,
-kt