[mythtv-users] Many new dvd's not working

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 14:08:19 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Brian Wood <beww at beww.org> wrote:
> On Sunday, July 11, 2010 05:28:59 pm Tom Dexter wrote:
>
>> Seriously...it makes me actual pissed at the fact that I'm honest and
>> actually pay for DVDs...all to go though a bunch of crap just to play
>> them in the player of my choice, while those who just steal the stuff
>> have essentially no problem.
>
> The makers of the DVDs do not agree that you are "honest". They see you as a criminal, because you dare to try and play
> one of their disks on an "unauthorized" platform.
>
> To them you are no different from the people DLing with P2P networks, you are doing something they do not want you to do.
>
> It sucks, but it's the situation that we have allowed our lawmakers to create, helped by hefty contributions from the real
> criminals, the MPAA and their minions.

Yup...and now they're poised to take their bullshit global with that
super-secret ACTA treaty.  I wrote my senator about it and got back a
load of crap about how they won't let it interfere with individual
rights....blah...blah...He and that industry whose payroll he's on can
all go straight to hell.  Here's the game plan:

1) Create more draconian anti-consumer (if not unconstitutional) laws
that treat everyone as criminals under the guise of protecting
copyrights
2) Wait for them to have no affect on illegal downloading (which they
of course won't)
3) Go to step one.

Amazing.
Tom