[mythtv-users] Zotac Zbox vs. MAG for Frontend

Robert Shields rwshields at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 16:03:33 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 9:02 PM, Doug Lytle <support at drdos.info> wrote:

> Nicolas Riendeau wrote:
>

>> It takes forever to compile and that's partially because of the
>> underpowered processor I would guess but greatly in part because of a Fedora
>> 13
>>

> Nick,
>
> You'll want to have a look at distcc, it allows for faster machines on your
> network to compile for the slower machine.   I use it all the time and can
> compile a kernel for my ION in around 35 minutes.
>
> http://distcc.samba.org/download.html
>
> Doug
>
> --
> Ben Franklin quote:
>
> "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary
> Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Thanks for the great overview of the MAG.  It is extremely helpful to get a
relevant (to MythTV) review of the device before I buy it.  The heat issue
is slightly concerning, but I guess as long as it works it shouldn't be a
big issue.

I will give it a shot as well and see how things go for me.

Thanks again.

--
Rob Shields
Email: rwshields at gmail.com