[mythtv-users] Anyone archiving to Blu-Ray Disks?

f-myth-users at media.mit.edu f-myth-users at media.mit.edu
Thu Jul 8 18:56:43 UTC 2010

    > Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 09:07:50 -0600
    > From: Brian Wood <beww at beww.org>

    > Do you happen to recall the title of that program? I'd love to see it.

He is very likely talking about Modern Marvels (on the History Channel),
which aired a show called "The Real National Treasure" on June 10, 2010.
About 55% of the way through the show, they talked about CD accelerated
lifetime testing, and commented that even disks from the same vendors
displayed different characteristics as the formulations were changed.
They also commented that nitrocellulose coatings, used prior to 1994,
were more prone to data loss, but that there are still no guarantees.