[mythtv-users] Consolidating Storage and Backends - Database issues

Scott Macdonell genius9976 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 7 15:04:09 UTC 2010

So, I think I might know what I need to do, but I'd like some confirmation
before I go mucking around with mythconverg. Anyway here's the issue:

Right now I have a setup with two backends which each do some recording. The
master records to a local drive, while the slave records to it's local drive and
an NFS share (the physical disk is on the master backend). I plan to rework my
setup so that I only have one backend which stores all the recordings on a local
drive.

I would like Myth to still be able to play all my old recordings after I make
this change. I shouldn't have any trouble moving the actual recordings to the
new box, but how do I get mythtv to know that I've moved all the recordings to
one place?

My guess at a solution: