[mythtv-users] Corrupted bottom line of pixels.

Paul Gardiner lists at glidos.net
Wed Jul 7 08:54:49 UTC 2010

Paul Gardiner wrote:
> John Drescher wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 4:51 AM, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
>>> I have a Zotac ION based frontend, and lately I sometimes get
>>> corruption in the bottom line of pixels. I'm running in 1080p50.
>>> I've seen the corruption when playing 576i content via vdpau,
>>> and also with GOOM in mythmusic. Rebooting seemed to fix
>>> it last time I tried it.  It's only recently that it's started
>>> doing this, and it might correlate with putting the frontend
>>> in a confined area where it may have been overheating, although
>>> now I have it back in a cooler environment and it's still
>>> sometimes doing it.
>>>
>>> Anyone else seen similar? Anything I can try to fix it?
>>>

>> This is probably caused by closed captions and like the other poster
>> said adjusting the overscan to hide this fixes the issue.
>
> I don't think it's closed caption, because it's the bottom line
> not the top. It looks like the bottom line is showing part of
> another line from elsewhere in the image, repeating the partial
> line 3 or 4 times. I've had it with the GOOM effect in mythmusic
> too, so it's not in the source.

I've noticed more of a pattern to it.

1) All but the bottom line of pixels are correct.

2) The last quarter of the horizontal extent of the bottom line is correct.

3) The first three quarters of the bottom line are copies of the last
quarter.

No one else ever seen this? I wonder if my ION board is faulty.

P.