[mythtv-users] What controls the volume level in a recording?

Justin Johnson justin.johnson3 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 00:15:58 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 4:48 PM, Don Brett <dlbrett at zoominternet.net> wrote:

<snip>

> I don't really have a problem with playback volume, this thread is more
> about recording volume.  For a given volume setting on the TV, some
> recordings are louder than others, so I'm wondering what determines the
> recorded volume level.  It may just be the line-in setting, but....that's
> just a guess.
>
> Don

Ah, yes, I guess I wasn't very clear. My suggestion of the compressor
plugin was a way to overcome the inability to adjust the recording
volume. Of course, that's only the case if you have digital
recordings. Of course, each channel on your analog recordings might
have different volume levels, in which case you can work around that
by using the compressor plugin.
--Justin Johnson